I’ve been slacking off all January, but at least I’ve been keeping up with the links.
- Matt Strassler reviews the state of the search for the Higgs, along with looking its exotic decay paths.
- Citizen science, in particular the FoldIt project, marches on.
- Bill Gates’ 2012 annual letter on the Gates’ Foundations current priorities. Hopefully the eradication of polio is nigh.
- The galaxy (and ergo the universe) is teeming with other worlds, and the Kepler mission continues to make steady progress finding and cataloging them. Includes a cool family portrait graphic.
- Venus will be transiting the Sun this year and won’t do so again for a century.